Quick Guide: Managing User Info
To access your account settings, just click the My Account tab in the upper right corner of the page. Then you can use the links along the right to find the Users section. Only administrative users can see this section, which allows you to create and modify other users.
Click this link to create a brand-new user on the system - for example, if you hire another person in HR who will order or manage reports. You will need to fill out:
- User Information: Here, you'll need to fill out a user ID (which must be at least 6 characters with no spaces) and a password (which must be at least 6 characters including at least one number, and no spaces) for the user, along with a contact name (first and last), phone, and email.
- User Options: Here, you can choose which permissions to give the new user:
- Active: You must check off this box to enable the user to log in.
- Administrator: If you check this box, then the user can do everything you can do in the client module, including:
- Change his/her own permissions
- Add other users and choose their permissions
- Change contact info and permissions (but not passwords) for current users
- View Other Users' Reports: Check this box to allow the user to view not only his/her own ordered reports, but also reports ordered by other users.
- View Branch Reports: If your company manages branch locations through your client module, check off this permission to enable the user to see reports from branches as well as his/her own reports.
- View Accounting: Check this box to allow the user to view and print invoices through the Accounting link under the My Account tab in the client module.
- Display Applicant Box for All Users' Reports: If you check this box, then the user will always see all users' reports, not just his/her own, by default in the Screening Status Box in the client module. Leave this box unchecked to allow the user to see only his/her own reports by default, with the ability to change that when desired.
- Order for Branches: If your company manages branch locations through your client module, check off this permission to allow the user to place orders for branches of his company.
- Restrict Results Viewing: Leave this unchecked for most users. If you check this option, then the user cannot view the detailed results of any reports. He/she can view the summary and status of reports and searches; however, the view report and print report links are removed.
- Restrict Ordering: Leave this unchecked for most users. If you check this option, then the user cannot order reports at all. Checking this option disables the Order tab at the top, as well as the add searches to this report link that appear on reports in the client module.
Add Branch User
Here you have the same functionality of adding a user, but now you can assign this user to a particular branch.
Click this to bring up a list of all other users in your client portal. You can then click and edit any of these users, using the same fields described above under Add User.